8.00AM Departing from the hotel with AEA Luxury Tours we travel out to Sydney’s Northern Suburbs and our first stop of the morning at Ku-ring-gai National Park, approximately 1 hour from your city hotel. This spectacular 14,928-hectare park, 20 to 30km from the city centre, forms Sydney’s northern boundary. It’s a classic mix of sandstone, bushland and water vistas, taking in over 100km of coastline along the southern edge of Broken Bay, where it heads into the Hawkesbury River. Ku-ring-gai, declared in 1894, takes its name from its original inhabitants, the Guringai people. Remnants of pre-colonial Aboriginal life are visible today thanks to the preservation of more than 800 sites, including rock paintings, middens and cave art.
We will enter the park and travel alongside the tranquil waterways, past Akuna Bay Marina home to luxury boats and then on up to West Head Lookout. Here the views from the lookout vantage point are simply breathtaking across Pittwater to Barrenjoey Headland, the Hawkesbury River and beyond to the Pacific Ocean. After enjoying the views we then enjoy a delightful Australian Bush morning tea/coffee and refreshments.
From West Head, we then drive a short distance to explore areas with vivid Aboriginal Rock Engravings that are believed to be 1,000’s of years old. These engravings in the sandstone relate to hunting and initiation stories from the Guringai people who lived in this area at the time of European settlement in 1788. An explanation of their significance, meaning and how the art was created is given.
Departing the National Park we head down to the spectacular coast enjoying the Pittwater views as we travel through the picturesque suburb of Church Point with its million dollar homes. Wilder and more distant than Sydney’s eastern strands, the Northern Beaches are a must-see, especially for surfers. Although you’ll most likely approach them as part of a day trip, they’re very much a part of the city, with the suburbs pushing right up to the water’s edge. Some neighbourhoods are ritzier than others, but what they all have in common is a devotion to the beach. You will visit a selection of these beaches and lookouts.
Our final stop of the day is at North Head for stunning views back across the harbour entrance to Sydney city. Then on to Manly Cove and back to the city via Spit Bridge, Balmoral Beach and back roads through the exclusive and quaint north shore suburbs of Mosman, Cremorne and Neutral Bay. Crossing Sydney Harbour Bridge, we arrive back in the city for approximately 12.30PM.
OPTIONAL ADD ONS FOR AFTERNOON
This tour can be extended to a full day touring option with some of the following potential add on experiences:
• Lunch in Manly followed by surf school experience
• Lunch at Balmoral followed by Taronga Zoo visit – either private guided zoo tour or general admission
• Combine with Sydney Princess Cruises for afternoon harbour charter
• Tour can also be offered as an afternoon tour if clients prefer.
• Clients can stay on in manly for free time at leisure and return to CBD at own cost by the famous Manly ferry
• All add on inclusions would be at extra cost for vehicle hire & guide and any applicable supplier charges if booked by AEA. Additional costs on request
|DEPARTURES||Daily from Sydney City Hotels. Recommended pick up at 8:30am and returns to hotels at approximately 12:30pm.|
|WEAR||Comfortable clothing, hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.|
|Breakfast||No Breakfast, Breakfast with Koalas|
- Private luxury touring
- Morning tea at West Head overlooking the Pacific Ocean
- Explore the Aboriginal Rock Engravings of Ku-ring-gai National Park
- Visit a few of the stunning Northern Beaches
- Beautiful view of the harbour from North Head